Do I Hire a Henderson Divorce Lawyer Before My Spouse?
We get asked this question ten times a day. When divorce is lurking, this question is one of the first you ask yourself. The answer is typically no. Filing first means you are the plaintiff and she is the defendant. This doesn’t make much of a difference in most divorces.
However, there are some situations where filing first can make a difference in your divorce. Living in different states is one of those situations. If you live in Henderson, Nevada and she lives in Salt Lake City, Utah you might want to file first to keep the case in Nevada. If she files first the case could be decided in Utah. For a full discussion on whether to file your divorce first you should read Should I File For Divorce First.
This is not the only question you are going to have, it’s just typically the first. If you are like most people, you have dozens of questions. The questions typically fall into one of five categories; divorce process, child custody, child support, division of property, and spousal support. Questions are normal when going through a life changing event. You want to know what is going to happen next. Getting answers and understanding what happens next is part of the “medicine”. Answers and knowledge of what lays ahead eases some of the distress and anxiety you are feeling.
We know our main job as divorce attorneys is to answer your questions. Let’s start easing some of your anxiety by answering the most common questions we get.
- Can we file paperwork ourselves?
- Should we file for a legal separation instead of divorce?
- What is the divorce process?
- How much does a divorce cost?
- My name is on the house, can I change the locks?
- We have separate bank accounts, do we divide them?
- Who pays the bills during the divorce?
- Do I really need to divide my 401(k) or pension?
Henderson Spousal Support
- Will my spouse have to pay spousal support?
- He cheated, does the court care?
- She caused the divorce, will she pay the attorney fees?
- Do judges prefer mothers?
- Can I relocate out of Henderson, NV with the children?
- I take care of the kids, do I get primary custody?
- If I leave the house, am I abandoning my kids?
- How do you calculate child support?
For the last 15 years we have focused on divorce cases, legal separations and custody matters. We have 4 attorneys with a combined experience of more than 40 years handling these type of cases. We have two locations, Henderson and Las Vegas. We charge a fixed fee instead of hourly. We have one purpose; to help you get through your divorce or custody matter.
The right divorce lawyer can make all the difference between an easy divorce or “divorce war 3”. You will meet attorneys who are only interested in collecting fees. The more antagonizing they can be the more hourly fees they can charge. We are only interested in helping. It’s one of the reasons we charge a fixed fee instead of hourly.
Need to take the next step? Call us and schedule a consultation. A consult takes about an hour. During the consult an attorney takes the time to learn more about your situation and to discuss your options. If a consult seem too serious, a good choice is to download our Divorce Guide. The guide will explain more about the divorce process, provides legal jargon definitions, and answer more questions.
CONTACT THE HENDERSON DIVORCE LAWYERS
Phone: (702) 608-3139
URL of Map